Animoosh Skijor 12K
The Marquette General Health System Noquemanon Ski Marathon would like to introduce the “Wild Side of the Noque” on Sunday, January 27, 2013. We would like to showcase World Championship Snow Bike 25K and the Animoosh Skijor 12K.
Fee schedule below for the following events: 12K Bike, 10K Snowshoe, 12K Skijor 1 dog, 12K Skijor 2 dog
- $30 by December 31
- $35 by January 26
- $40 by January 27
All registered participants to receive a metal
MGHS Noquemanon Water Bottle.
9:30 am Forestville start.
Sponsored by Dr. Tim’s Pet Food. Teams sent out in 30 second interval. Cap of 50 teams. Male and female divisions with one and two dog options. Two overall Male and Female winners.
Animoosh Skijor Entry Form here or register online at our registration page.
Than kyou to Dr. Tim's for food samples and spnsorship.
Directions to Forestville: Follow Wright street north off of US 41 for approximately one mile to Forestville Road. Turn left. Follow Forestville road for 3 miles. Watch for railroad tracks to the right. Turn right and cross tracks. Immediately turn left for trailhead, restroom and parking. Follow signs.
A Note from the Noquemanon Trail Network
Skijoring is not new to our Nordic trail system but its popularity is growing in our dog-friendly community. Skijoring is accomplished when one or two dogs pull a cross-country skier. As you can imagine this involves an increase in speed. With the lines and the dogs come added responsibilities for the dog owners. To make skijouring and skiing with your dog a safe, positive experience for all users of the trail, NTN has established on-trail guidelines.
- If another skier is directly behind you and yells "trail," you must let them pass. If necessary, guide your dogs over to the side to allow for passing.
- Dogs must be controlled and kept from other teams.
- Skijorers are responsible for preventing dog fights.
- Skijorers cannot interfere or impede another skijorer's progress at any time.
- Enjoy the trail and consider enjoying our trails after the race. See the NTN guidelines below for skijoring on our multi-use trails.
1. Doggy Trail Pass required for all dogs. $1 per day or $10 for a season pass. Humans must purchase a day pass or seasonal membership pass.
- Dogs are allowed on designated trails only: Animoosh, Noque (Grand Central Station to CR 510, and Forestville Trailhead to Tourist Park), Waaban, GooKooKoo and Mukwa. These are identified on the trails by a blue dog symbol next to the trail name.
- Remove feces from public areas and trails. Do your part to remove others if left behind as well.
- Keep the dogs under control. Be able to stop your dogs within a reasonable distance.
- Be certain your dogs do not hinder the movement of other skiers. Please discourage your dog from approaching other skiers. Be sensitive to the fact some people have allergies or are afraid of animals.
As all users prepare for the snowy trails be courteous to other trail users. When approaching another skier from behind, call "Trail" and "On your right (or left)". If being passed, move to one side. By following these guidelines and trail etiquette, we’ll keep users safe and smiling while enjoying the trails. Thanks!!