Entry Fees for Marathon and Half Marathon
- $68 by October 17
- $78 by November 30
- $85 by December 31
- $98 by January 26
- $108 by January 27
No race day registration
The Touring Class is only available for the 50K Classic Marathon. This class is meant to be for people who are more interested in a casual skiing experience rather than a competitive race. Skiers in the 50K classic touring class will begin 50 minutes prior to their respective competitive ski race. Skiers in the touring class will not be eligible for age category or overall results prizes.
Change of Events
If slots are available requests to change races are handled by the Race Administrator. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-370-RACE prior to January 22nd. Changes after the 22nd will be accommodated at the Expo, Jan 25th, with a $10 change request fee.
NO changes on Thursday, 24th or on race day.
Entry fees are non-refundable; race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another year. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, and you may not give or sell your number to anyone else. All fee are in U.S. dollars.
All participants must sign a release and indemnity agreement when pick up their race packets.
Preferred Start Positions
To be considered for higher wave placement, you must have skied in last year’s Noquemanon or petition in. Results from Noquemanon 2012 will be used as a guideline. Petitions must be submitted in writing two weeks in advance of race. Contact the Race Administrator via email at email@example.com or call 866-370-RACE.
Cut off Times
All marathon skiers must pass the 30K point of the race by 2 pm. All skiers must finish the race by 4:30 pm.
The marathon ends at the Superior Dome so come inside, warm up, check in your skis at the ski valet, and rejuvenate at the last aid station. Race results will be posted inside the Superior Dome, plus computers will be set up so that you can check race results. Race results will also appear in the Sunday edition of the Mining Journal and on-line at www.noquemanon.com.
Professional timing services are provided by Superior Timing using chip timing. Texting option will be available for 2013.
Wave Placement & Start Times
- 8:10 am Touring Class – 50K Classic
- 9:00 am 50K Classic Race Start, Elite Wave 1. Please petition for first row/preferential start. The first 30 from last year’s Noquemanon are guaranteed the elite wave or 25% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 9:10 am 50k Classic Wave 2 and Relay Skiers - 25% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 9:20 am 50K Classic Wave 3 - 75% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 9:30 am 50K Classic Wave 4 - all other classic skiers
- 9:55 am First Wave (first 50 men from last year’s Noquemanon Freestyle) and Women (first 15 from last year’s Noquemanon Freestyle) 50K Freestyle Start or 20% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 10:05 am Second Wave - 30% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 10:15 am Third Wave - 40% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 10:25 am Fourth Wave - 40% back from last year’s Noquemanon winner
- 10:35 am Fifth Wave - all other freestyle skiers
MGHS Noquemanon Ski Marathon 50K Classic Prizes
The top finishers of the Noquemanon 50K Classic event receive cash prizes.
1st - $1125; 2nd - $500; 3rd - $250; 4th - $150; 5th - $50
1st - $1125 ; 2nd - $500 ; 3rd - $250
The 50K classic event is an event for the American Ski Marathon Series.
The top overall of the 50K Classic receive the large, beautiful Moen Cowbells.
Overall Top 3 awards provided for all other events.
Participants will be placed into appropriate age groups based on your age on race day. 15 and under, 16-17,18-19,20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, 70-74,75-79,80+